Everyone has heard time and time again, that breakfast is the most important meal of the day… but do we even know why that is?
Your body decides within an hour of you waking up if your going to be in a good mood, have good energy levels, or a speedy metabolism. It is important to replenish your supply of glucose, get your metabolism active, and provide essential nutrients to keep your energy levels constant throughout the day. Almost every person I speak to about breakfast says the same thing to me, “I never have time to eat breakfast in the morning”, or “breakfast is the hardest meal for me”. So I decided to do my best to eliminate the time issue and find something easy, delicious, and fun to get your day started the right way.
Jalapeño & Chicken Omelettes
One serving: 2 omelette muffins + 2 slices Little Big Bread
295 calories/20g Carbohydrates/10g Fat/18g Protein
What you need:
- 10-12 medium eggs
- Cracker Barrel Monterey Jack Jalapeño cheese slices
- All your favourite vegetables! Tomatoes, spinach, red & orange peppers, red onions, & broccoli are my favourite flavours to kick start the day!
- Baked chicken breast
- Olive Oil
- ‘Little Big Bread’
How to prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Chop up all the vegetables and chicken into smaller pieces and toss them into a frying pan with the olive oil for 5-6 minutes
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl until all the yolks are broken and add all your chopped veggies and chicken!
- Pour into muffin pan lined with olive oil until 3/4 full and top each muffin with 1/2 slice of cheese.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes. Keep checking and they should look fluffy and the cheese should be baked on top.
I usually bake all 12 for the week and portion them out. They heat up in about 90 seconds are amazing with a side of toasted ‘Little Big Bread’ and topped with salsa for a nice low carb, protein packed start to your day.